After last weeks weigh in (400g loss) I was very disappointed. I had been VERY careful with food and doing exercise (felt like I was working my butt off) and it didn't pay off! Then Mish's video came - about exercise!!! And helloooo - I need to up it!!! I need to burn between 400 and 800 calories a session!!!
I then had a vent to Jenny!!! (She is my awesome support buddy and keeps me motivated!!!!). And she suggested again (which I was also thinking but procrastinating and putting off for as longs as possible) that I needed to run - not walk! WTF! Running on the basketball court, I can handle, running on a tennis court I can handle, running away from something scary, I can handle - but running 'just for fun' - that kills me!!!!
But something needed to happen! So on Monday I started my own version of C25K (teaching myself to run 5km from not being able to do anything at all!). I say my own - because the first week of the C25K wasn't enough - so I upped it and did 1min of running and 1min walking - for 30mins instead of 20mins (and because I had reached 500 cals - I walked for another 30mins!).
Then today I thought - I need to up it again!!! Push myself harder. JFDI!!!! So I did. After my 5min warm up walk, I ran for 1.5mins and wak for 1min, for the first 20mins. For the next 10mins I ran for 1min then walked for 1min. And because I did and hour on Monday - I had to do an hour again and smash the calories burnt Monday and improve how far I had gone!!! (Yes, like Mish, I compete with myself lol). And I beat both - I burnt 50 more cals plus walked/ran/ jogged nearly a couple of hundred metres further!
So next time I have to beat -
6.65 kms in the hour
565 cals burnt
5km - 42mins
And hopefully sooner rather than later, I can run at least 1km straight (before having to walk) and then 2km, then 3km, then 4km, then 5km and ... we will have to wait and see lol!
Will keep you posted on how I do!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment